Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I have a gig!


So, I am still having some amount of difficulty finding a full time position in media.  But, thanks to my 48 Hour weekend, I was able to talk to one of my previous teachers!  Zach Riggins is the owner of GripMeister Lighting here in Cincinnati.  His business philosophy is to “Help the small producer grow and in turn, we will grow.”  It seems to be working well for him because his business has been growing steadly since he started GripMeister in 1995.

Anyway, while I was talking to Zach this past weekend, he was contacted about lighting a commercial for UC Medical Center tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday.  As an individual that is seeking experience in media production, I would be crazy to not ask if I could help out! 

Zach is trying to find a piece of the budget to pay me something for the two full days of work, but I assured him that I want to help out even if he can't pay me.  Seriously, I need experience and Zach has A LOT of GREAT media connections in Cincinnati!  I'm sure that whatever he can offer me in gaining experience will be well worth my time.

The better part of the story though is that aparently Zach had no idea that my current employment is only part time.  Since his assistant recently left, I am hoping that if I make a good impression on the set the next few days that Zach would consider hiring me!  He seemed interested when I told him that I typically have about three to four days of availability each week.

We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment