Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Got an Award!


This was awarded to me yesterday morning at an awards breakfast for my company.  I am excited to have been invited to be a part of the very first Champions Club Award winners  I was one of the top 25 employees in my market for the first quarter of 2012--which says something because there are 92 different branches with employees in a number of positions up for consideration!  I should also note that my employment credentials (including sales numbers, cash balancing, customer service ratings, etc) were stacked against full time employees--not just other part time employees like myself.

I don't mean to brag, but I just strive to do my best everyday.  I think my parents are the first people that taught me to do that when I was a child.  Thanks for the lessons--they are paying off now!  As Olympic Champion Steven Prefontaine is quoted to say, "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."  This is one of my favorite sayings.  While I first encountered it as the back of a Cross Country shirt my team had in high school, I have found that it is a great way to live my life in the variety of academic and professional settings I have encountered.  I mean, what is the point in taking the energy to do something if you aren't going strive to do well?  And while I don't need an award from my company to tell me I am doing what I set out to do, I won't lie that it feels nice to have my accomplishments recognized by higher up managers.

My assistant manager, who was one of the other top 24 employees, gave me my invitation in the beginning of May.  Of all the branches in consideration, mine was the only branch to have two employees invited!

If you would like to see my award (and me) in person, come find me at work!  Our regional manager joked that he made sure that the award placard met our company's branch appearance standards so that we could all proudly show it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment