Thursday, September 13, 2012

Coffee Cappuccino?

It all started because I have the day off work.  After a yummy lunch out, I returned home desiring a tasty sweet treat.  Usually, I fulfill this craving with ice cream.  Deciding to seek a lower calorie option today, I hit the web for a homemade cappuccino treat.

I don't own anything too fancy when it comes to my kitchen utensils.  I do not have an expresso machine or a milk steamer or even a simple blender for that matter.  My Mr. Coffee is a Keurig wanna-be and suits my needs for a much lower upfront cost.  I continue to save money by using refillable K-Cups too.
"Reusable Filter for Keurig Single Cup Brewers" (Google Affiliate Ad)

After reading a dozen or so recipes, I decided to take a stab at my own by combining the ideas I found online with the items my kitchen has to offer.

How I made a Coffee Cappuccino!

Step 1: Brew some strong, tasty coffee.  I made two 5 ounce cups.

Step 2: Microwave milk and sugar in a microwaveable container.  I used one-third cup of 1% milk, about two to three teaspoons of sugar, and a pyrex glass measuring cup.
Step 3: After microwaving the milk and sugar, froth it with a wire whisk.  I microwaved in :30 second increments, whisking furiously to grow frothy bubbles.  I repeated this until the milk volume doubled to around two-thirds cup.
 
       
                 
Step 3

Step 4


Step 4: Add the milk (but not froth) to the coffee.  Use a spoon to keep the froth so it can be added slowly.  Step 5:  Add the milk froth and top with a dash of cinnamon!
Step 6: Enjoy to the last drop! Sisters 

No comments:

Post a Comment