Friday, September 21, 2012

Guten Tag!

One of my more touristy moments while visiting
Salzburg Austria--Mozart's birthplace!
It has already been over three years since my summer studying abroad in Munich Germany.  I had a great time and visited Berlin, Paris, Prague, Deggelsdorf, Salzberg, and hiked in the Austrian Alps.

Oh Germany, how I miss thee...

Luckily, I live in Cincinnati and Cincinnati is a 'sister city' to Munich.  I have already visited one of the several Oktoberfest festivals in the vicinity and have easy access to Hofburhaus--just across the river.  Since I flew home on my 21st birthday, I have not missed out on any of the delicious beverages (Radler  beir excluded) that you can drink at age 16 in Germany.

Nepolitaner bars!
While in Germany, I found it hilarious that I could buy dozens of flavors of fruit spreads, but grape was not an option!  Some of the items that I cannot seem to find in the US however include Apfel Saft (an apple juice soda), Mezzo Mix (Coke mixed with Orange Fanta), Radler Beir (Lager Beer and Fizzy Lemonade-it is much better than it sounds), and Original Nepolitaner.  One item, much to my delight, has recently found its way to the shelfs of my local Walgreens!

My beloved Original Nepolitaner, or in the US labeled as Hazelnut Cream Filled Wafers, are currently in stock at my local Walgreens as part of a small effort to promote Oktoberfest (which doesn't make complete sense since Manner Bars are a product of Vienna Austria).  As you can see from the picture above, I delightfully bought several of both the Hazelnut option (pictured) and the sweet Lemon variety.  For the moment, I am happily delighted to have found one of my favorite German treats :)

Tschüss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment