Sunday, February 19, 2012

T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak

Want to see more? Find the website here!

As a child, my parents always told me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."  

I found this picture earlier today and was reminded of the lesson in kindness and respect my parents strived to teach me such a seemingly long time ago.  While it is such a simple thing to do--I have found that it is also an easy lesson to forget or ignore.

Taking a moment to think before you speak is simple.  And it only takes a moment of your time.  Consider the possible consequences by spreading gossip and rumors that are NOT true and NOT helpful and NOT inspiring and NOT necessary and NOT kind.  Remember your childhood lessons and T.H.I.N.K. for just a moment before you say anything.  It is an easy thing to do!

I have watched one of my close friends from college make it a point to be a positive person and surround herself with good influences.  I've told you before, but thanks again for your inspiration KT.  In making the effort to follow KT's footsteps and find all the positive sides to my life, I have had to tell other friends on numerous occasions that I don't want to hear the latest gossip and drama.  Why?

  1. I do not need gossip as a continuing necessity in existence.  I do need positive influences.
  2. Gossip isn't helping anyone in positive ways.  Talking about people behind their back is hurtful!
  3. I find that hearing some of the latest gossip brings me down.  I want to be inspired--not deflated!

Sure...being a part of the gossip circle may make you feel 'in the loop' or 'part of the group.'  Whether your gossiping intent is innocent or malicious, what you are really doing to yourself is creating negative karma and unnecessary conflict.  Lets not do that!

Lets turn the gossip around for a minute.  Would you appreciate your friends talking about YOU when you are not around in the same manner that you talk about them?  If you answered 'no' then you might want to start thinking more about what you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment