Friday, February 17, 2012

Positive Results

"The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results." 
                                                           --Dr. Norman Vincent Peale


The Power of Positive Thinking--it is a book we have all heard about.  Dr. Norman Vincent Peale is the author of that book and is a progenitor of the idea of thinking positive.  He was also a minister and public speaker during his life as well as an Ohio native.

This is an example of my skills as a Lighting Director! I
interviewed with a local company that does everything--
lights, video, graphic design, and full event planning!
As a recent grad still on the job hunt, I am constantly telling myself that by not being hired as a result of any previous interviews is really a good thing!  I'm just still waiting to find the job that will best complement the skills I have thus far attained.  By being positive about the situation, I am not giving myself an opportunity to feel let down.

This more suggestive still is another example I brought.
Good (left) was meant to change throughout this short
into nothing better than Evil (right).
The way I see it, if I am meant to fail, I will.  On the other hand, if I believe in myself and take the appropriate actions toward finding the right job, I will be able to find the perfect fit; time is the only question.  I don't think I am going to fail myself in my job search, so I will not be able to fail.

Knowing I had an interview today, I told myself that it would go well.  With this mindset, I was able to maintain a confident attitude.  I believe the experience was extremely positive.  Also, knowing that I was not interviewing for a specific job took away the nerves :)


"Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful."
                                                           --Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Post a Comment