Wednesday, March 28, 2012

366 Random Acts of Kindness

No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Aside from using blogger as a personal outlet, I have also been able to connect with others that are similarly sharing about their lives.  I follow blogs by both people I know as well as people with public blogs that I have found on blogger.

One such blog that I have come to enjoy reading on a daily basis in my reading list is 366 Random Acts of Kindness.  The site is run by Ryan.  He has this blog, a facebook page, and a twitter feed that are all updated every day to tell us how he used his day to help one or more people.

Examples of the random acts of kindness Ryan has performed this year include everything from donating old shoes and clothes to taking a military family out to a game to paying for someone's train pass to cleaning trash to saving dolphins.  Ryan has set a goal to do at least one act of kindness each and every day of 2012.  He is asking nothing in return and has promised to give a minimum of "10 cents will be donated to charity for every Like and Follow."

I am just one of the 2475 blogger followers and 2951 facebook page followers.  I find it inspiring that Ryan is so willing to go out of his way each and every day to help others, asking only that those around him can pay the kindness forward.

Take the time today to visit Ryan's blog and facebook pages.  Be sure to 'Like' what you see.  As he points out, "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."  What kindness can you pass on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment