Saturday, February 26, 2011

NBC4, Here I Come!!!

WOOT!  It is official!  I have an internship!

This is the logo for the talk show I will
get to work with in Spring 2011
As of 11:00 am yesterday (Thursday February 24, 2011) this girl has been hired to be an intern with WCMH, an NBC affiliate station in Columbus, Ohio.  I will get to work as a part of the Operations Department with a talk show/advo-tainment segment called Daytime Columbus.

Daytime Columbus airs weekdays at 11:00 am on the local channel 4.  It is an innovative form of advertising that does not feel like advertising to the viewers.  To put it simply, this program is a paid infomercial in a talk show format--meaning basically the guests for the talk show have paid NBC to be on the show.  It is a brilliant idea!

As an intern, I will have the opportunities to be a part of the production, be in the studio during productions, interact with the clients, edit clips of the show for the web presence, and assist in script writing!  I will have the opportunity to do a little bit of everything!  It sounds amazing!

While I do live in and attend school in Cincinnati, working in Columbus for eleven weeks will still be a feasible option because my parental units live in a Columbus suburb.  I suppose my sister will enjoy having me there too...or maybe it will be because I will have my guinea pig, Kitchi Kitchi Kitchi, there too.

Just in case you might be interested, here is a link for Daytime Columbus:
<http://www2.nbc4i.com/online/daytime/>

No comments:

Post a Comment